Herald-Citizen. I'm not sure how many bowls were made, but there were four kiln loads worth.
In an attempt to add "more" (meaning, visual complexity, etc.) to my work, I decided to use my own corrupted version of printmaking on clay. The thought process went something like this: I enjoyed creating monotypes and monoprints in grad school, what if I took those ideas of making and used them on clay. From there I had a liberating sense of the possibilities of experimentation. Most of the results fall into the category of "the bad stuff you make in order to get to the good stuff." I don't know if I would classify the plates to the left as "the good stuff" just yet, but they are definitely on their way. I am very encouraged by these results, but am skeptical as to how well this process will translate to forms that are not flat or slightly curved. Those experiments begin today.