7.24.2009

In the Mail

I've been applying to shows, both sculptural and functional, like crazy this summer. The notifications have started to roll in and yesterday's mail brought a mixed bag of news.
The bad first: I was rejected from Strictly Functional. As there were over 1000 entries from 500 artists, with only 109 objects being chosen, I don't feel too bad about the rejection. There is always next year and other shows.
The good news: I was accepted to the Wichita National All Media Craft Exhibiton 2009. I entered three sculptures and Solitary Dinner was accepted. Kathleen Royster Lamb, Assistant Professor at the Metropolitan State College of Denver, was the juror. She will select award winners upon installation of the works in September. The show runs from September 4 to October 18. The opening reception will be September 4, 5pm-7pm. As much as I would like to attend, the schedule will not allow me to do so.
I'm awaiting a few more notices. When I hear something, I'll post.

No comments: